Login | Register
Electrical Hand Tools
Triplett offers one of the broadest selections of electrical hand tools for your electrical improvement and repair projects. Our selection features multibit screwdrivers, locking pliers, cable cutters, crimping pliers, and so on. We also provide electrician hand tool sets featuring several hand tools neatly assembled in a storage case with a belt clip. Our electrician hand tool sets and all hand tools are covered with a 1-year warranty.
Electrical projects utilize a wide range of tools, including several electrical hand tools. These tools are widely used during home improvement or repair projects for holding different components, wires, or fixing different components.
The Triplett TPAL-X autoloading screwdriver is perfect for the professional or do-it-yourselfer and features an 18-tooth ratchet driver with forwar...View full details$19.99Sale
New15" Extended Reach Locking Pliers with Cushioned Grip - Easily Grip Small and Round Objects - (TT-200)Triplett$17.99
The Triplett TT-200 LongLockers Extended Reach Locking Pliers with Cushioned Grips feature a super long 15-inch reach for access into tight spaces....View full details$17.99Sale
The Triplett TT-242 CablCut Copper Cable Cutter cuts multi-wire copper cable up to a 3/8 diameter. The TT-242 CablCut also includes a precision wir...View full details$17.99Sale
The Triplett autoloading screwdriver is perfect for the professional or do-it-yourselfer and comes preloaded with 6 commonly used precision bits: S...View full details$14.97Sale
NewAutomatic Wire Stripper -Strips Wire from 8 - 30 AWG, Crimps Insulated & Non-Insulated Terminals, Built-In Wire Cutter - (TT-240)Triplett$19.99
The Triplett TT-240 PowrStrip Automatic Wire Stripper automatically strips wire from 8 to 30 AWG. The TT-240 PowrStrip also crimps insulated and no...View full details$19.99Sale
The Triplett TT-221 ClikGrip 10-in. Auto-Adjusting Water Pump Pliers feature a quick adjusting design with no buttons to press or channels to lock....View full details$14.99Contact Sales
The Triplett TT-260 CrossJaw Long Reach 'Double-X' Long Needle Nose Pliers features serrated jaws that can easily grip small objects. The CrossJaw ...View full details$17.99Sale
Professional 32 Piece Industrial Grade Metal Bit Kit: Phillips Tamper, Torx Tamper, Hex Tamper, and Spanner Bits- (TSBK-001)Triplett$13.99
The Triplett 32 piece kit for tamper proof fasteners includes 30 industrial grade metal bits, quick release 1/4" magnetic drill adapter and a 1/4" ...View full details$13.99Sale
The Triplett TT-260 CrossJaw Long Reach 'Double-X' Long Needle Nose Pliers features serrated jaws that can easily grip small objects. The CrossJaw ...View full details$9.99Sale
TriplettOriginal price $21.99Current price $15.99
Induction hardened jaws up to 58HRC w/ 19 smooth position adjustments for one hand wrenching Capacity of 1.9" (50mm) High wear resistance & pi...View full detailsOriginal price $21.99Current price $15.99Save $6.00
New8" Linesman Pliers With Fish Tape Puller- Capacity of Up to 3.8mm Medium Hard and 2.5mm Hard Wire - (TT-270)Triplett$19.99
The Triplett TT-240 8" Linesman Pliers With Fish Tape Puller is constructed with hot forged chromium-molybdenum steel that has precise and ultra-sm...View full details$19.99Sale
Know More About Triplett Electrical Hand Tools
What are the common electrical hand tools used by electricians?
The following are a few common hand tools electricians use during improvement and repair projects.
- Screwdrivers: Electricians keep screwdrivers handy with them as they help in removing or installing cover plates, switches, outlets, and other devices. Our selection features Professional Autoloader Multi-Bit Screwdrivers, which are perfect for DIY and professional projects. They come with two quick-change barrels and a few commonly used bits.
- Tongue and Groove Pliers: These pliers are also referred to as channel-lock, straight-jaw or groove joint pliers. We provide Tongue and Groove Water Pump Pliers, which feature PVC dipped handles for a comfortable grip, high wear resistance, and a pinch-proof design. These pliers are used for plumbing work.
- Wire Strippers: These electrical hand tools are used for stripping insulation from wires. The electrical wire strippers feature a unique design comprising a row of gauged holes and cutting jaws. The wire to be stripped is placed in these gauged holes and the cutting jaws help trim the ends of the wire. We provide Automatic Wire Strippers, which are designed to strip the wire automatically from 8 to 30 AWG. These wire strippers feature insulated crimps and non-insulated terminals as well as in-built wire cutter. The Ergo Tex handles of these devices help reduce the operator’s fatigue.
- Linesman Pliers: These electrical pliers are one of the must-have electrical hand tools in any electrician’s kit. The plier has a squared end, which helps twisting wires together, a grip area for pulling a wire, and a center cutting blade for trimming the wire. Triplett’s Linesman Pliers with Fish Tape Puller assures a clean cut from soft to high tensile wire and features serrated jaws and PVC dipped handles for a comfortable grip.
- Needle Nose Pliers: These electrical pliers get their name from the long needle nose and are used for twisting and bending wires while making connections with the screw terminals. The pliers feature cutting jaws for wire trimming. We provide Extended Reach Long Needle Nose Pliers, which help users to gain access to hard-to-reach areas. The pliers feature serrated jaws, which can be used to hold small objects. These electrical pliers feature rubberized grips, which help reduce hand fatigue.
What are the important factors to keep in mind when choosing electrical hand tools for your applications?
Electrical hand tools may appear simple and easy to manage; however, there are certain things to keep in mind when choosing them for your project. Generally, these tools are considered for long-term use, so, must be chosen carefully. The following tips will be helpful in this context.
- Tool Weight: The tool weight and load distribution is an important factor to consider. This affects the way the operator handles the tool, such as whether the person will handle it with single hand or use both hands, time required to stabilize the tool, alignment of hands and the tool’s center of gravity, and so on.
- Ergonomics: These tools are designed for secured grip in hands, so, they must possess a comfortable grip. Ensure the tool is equipped with a rubber or PVC. The rubber grip helps prevent the tool from slipping out of hand even if held for a long time. PVC grip helps reduce hand fatigue in challenging environments.
- Shape of Handles: Although you cannot help much with the shape of electrical pliers, ensure to choose the shape that gives you maximum comfort. The shape of the handle is a big deciding factor because it may affect your arm and wrist postures. You can choose the handle shape by considering the task to be performed, the layout and orientation of the task, and the settings in which these hand tools will be used. For instance, the tools with straight handles work best for tasks where the force is exerted perpendicular to the wrist and forearm. The pistol grips are ideal for tasks where the force is exerted in the direction of the straightened wrist and forearm.
- Span: Most electrical pliers and tongs feature two handles, which offer a comfortable grip to the user. It is always recommended to keep a preferred handle span of 3 inches for single-handed tools with two handles. However, the recommended span is maximum 4 inches and minimum of 2 inches for such tools. The tools that have spans smaller or larger than the recommended will affect the user’s grip strength.
In addition to the above, the following pointers will be helpful, too.
- Avoid static loading and high contact forces.
- Reduce repetitive finger movements when using these tools.
- Avoid triggers using thumbs.
- Avoid hand twists and wrist motions when using hand tools.
- Avoid awkward joint positions.
Why Must an Electrician Carry a Professional Industrial Grade Metal Bit Kit?
A professional industrial-grade metal bit kit from Triplett features several components that most electricians find useful. The kit features 30 industrial-grade, tamper proof bits, including Phillips Tamper, Torx Tamper, Hex Tamper, and Spanner. There is a quick-release magnetic drill adapter and hex to socket adapter, which come in handy during several electrical projects. The kit is provided in a storage case with a belt clip.
Browse More Electrical Test & Measurement Collections
Multimeters & Clamp-On Meters:
|Analog Multimeters||Clamp-On Multimeters||Digital Multimeters|
|Railroad VOM Test Sets||Voltage & Current Dataloggers||Magnetic Field Testers|
|AC Voltage Detector||Continuity Testers||Test Leads|
|GFCI Receptacle Testers||AC Line Splitters|
|Non-Contact Voltage Testers||Circuit Breaker Tracers|
Megohm & Resistance Testers:
|Megohmmeters - Insulation Testers||Earth Ground Resistance Testers|
Live Wire Circuit Testers:
|Live Wire Tone & Probe Kit|
|Power Supplies||Motor & Phase Rotation Testers|