Login | Register
Triplett provides F type coax connectors that can be used in domestic applications such as MATV, CATV, and Satellite TV. Our selection features twist-on coax F connectors that possess a bright nickel finish, and are field installable. These connectors are completely reusable. We also provide these F-type coax connectors as a part of the Universal Compression Tool kit. The kit features F connectors and compression tools such as wire cutters, cable testers, and is more appropriate for terminating RCA, BNC, and F compression connectors.
F connectors are low-cost miniature and coax cable connectors that feature a coupling of the screw. The connectors are widely used in various popular domestic and commercial applications such as satellite TV, cable TV, cable modem, as well as CATV installations. They may use either loose contacts or a solid conductor in the center of the cable for connections.
GEM by Triplett$5.99
RG6 Dual/Tri/Quad Shielded cable F Male Compression Seal, WATERPROOF, 75 Ohm; CATV, MATV and Satellite TV 10 Pack CATEGORY: F TYPE CONNECTORS ...View full details$5.99Sale
Universal Compression Tool Kit with Wire Cutter, Connectors and Cable Tester : Terminates BNC, RCA, and F Connectors - (CS-TK00)GEM by TriplettOriginal price $229.99Current price $199.99
Universal Compression Tool Kit with Wire Cutter, Connectors and Cable Tester : Terminates BNC, RCA, and F Compression Connectors - (CS-TK00) CAT...View full detailsOriginal price $229.99Current price $199.99Save $30.00
GEM by Triplett$3.99
Universal F Male Compression Seal, Waterproof CATV, MATV and Satellite TV (10 Pack) CATEGORY: F TYPE CONNECTORS Features The compression se...View full details$3.99Sale
GEM by Triplett$19.99
Universal F Male Compression Seal, Waterproof CATV, MATV and Satellite TV (50 Pack)Â CATEGORY: F TYPE CONNECTORS Features The compression ...View full details$19.99Sale
GEM by Triplett$4.09
RG11 F Male Compression Seal, Weatherproof, 75 Ohm; CATV, MATV and Satellite TV CATEGORY: F TYPE CONNECTORS Features The compression seal de...View full details$4.09Sale
GEM by Triplett$3.99
RG6 F Male 1 Pc Twist-On, 75 Ohm; CATV, MATV and Satellite TV 10 Pack CATEGORY: F TYPE CONNECTORS Features Bright nickel finish, solid brass...View full details$3.99Sale
Know More About Triplett Coax F Connectors
What is an F-Type Connector?
An F-connector is a type of gendered, compression connector that provides reliable contacts. It provides a 75 ohms match for signals that may extend up to 1 GHz. The connector features female and male connections and makes strong contacts using the threaded outer portion.
The F-type connector has a 3⁄8 in-32 unified extra fine (UNEF) thread. The male connection features a captive nut, which has a center pin and a threaded portion inside. The center pin is nothing but a conductor present in the coax. The connectors are arranged such that the dielectrics of the two halves touch each other. These dielectrics produce regular impedance across the connectors. The female connection features a receptacle in place of the center pin. Also, there is a barrel featuring the thread outside and spacing dielectric inside it.
Know About Different Types of F Connectors
F connectors are available in three types – twist-on, crimp-on, and compression connectors.
- Compression Connectors: These connectors create a super-tight seal by pushing the back-end to the front-end. Compression F connectors, owing to their sealing capabilities, help keep dust and water away from the connector, thereby maintaining the signal quality.
- Crimp-on Connectors: These connectors are rarely used today. Crimp-on connectors apply pressure on the connector and are thus used as a special tool. This connector provides great sealing provided it is installed properly. Nowadays, technicians are replacing it with compression connectors.
- Twist-on Connectors: These connectors are used for over-the-air antennas.
Applications of Coaxial F Connectors
Coaxial F connectors are used in the following applications:
- CATV, CCTV, and HDTV signals
- Aerospace applications on which the cables are used on-board aircraft
- On-board satellite where space-grade hardened cables are used
- Coaxial Ethernet signal applications
How to Connect an F-Type Connector to a Cable
F-type connectors are used in various satellite and TV equipment and they offer a secure sealing environment. Nowadays, these connectors are being used in many splitters and amplifiers for creating tight connections.
- Slice off the outer layer of the coaxial cable using a blade or sharp knife.
- Pull off the cable around 18mm to check the copper braiding inside.
- Remove the screen covering on the cable to see the inner foam insulation.
- Split the braids into two sections on both sides of the cable.
- Twist the braids with your fingers to check with neat tails.
- Cut through the plastic insulation or foam about 4mm above the tails of the braid to see the inner core.
- Handle this part carefully; do not try to damage or bend it.
- Remove the insulation of foam and ensure no braids touch the core.
- Screw the F-type connector using pliers to make it easy.
- Next, try to screw the connector until the white foam insulation matches the level with the connector inside.
- Ensure no braiding touches the inner core.
- Try to remove any extra hanging braids on the sides of the connector.
- Wrap a tape around the connector to create a neat look. This wrap around using a tape is perfect if you wish to use the connector for internal applications. However, if you plan to use it for external applications try to use a self-amalgamating tape. This tape must be wrapped around parts that are exposed.
Triplett is an industrial leader in offering wide range of security, CCTV & cabling equipment connectors including BNC connectors and adapters, Compression connectors, RJ45 connectors, CCTV coax connectors and more. Contact our team today to know which type of connectors is best suitable for your industrial applications.
Browse More Security, CCTV & Cabling Equipment Collections
Camera Install & Maintenance:
|Security Camera Testers||HDMI Cables||CAT6a Shielded Cable|
|HD LED Test Monitors||Baluns, Converters & Hubs||HDMI & IP Extenders|
|Compression Connectors||RJ45 (CAT5-6)Connectors||Cabling Hand Tools & Kits|
|CCTV Coax Connectors||Modular Connector||Between Series|
|BNC Adapters||BNC Connectors|