Pin/Pinless Moisture Meter - (MS245)
The Triplett MS245 Pin/Pinless Moisture Meter offers versatility and convenience to measure moisture content in wood (6 to 99%) and other building materials (0 to 100%). Read More >
The Triplett MS245 Pin/Pinless Moisture Meter offers versatility and convenience to measure moisture content in wood (6 to 99%) and other building materials (0 to 100%). Two pin measurements cater to both wood and building materials, and the meter features ten pinless, non-invasive measurement selections, making it a reliable tool for various wood and building materials. Audible and visual moisture alerts alongside Green/Yellow/Red LEDs provide easy interpretation of low, medium, and high moisture levels. A backlit LCD enables viewing measurements in dark or poorly lit spaces, and the Data Hold function freezes the reading on the display for improved readability. The MS245 is also equipped with a built-in calibration check, low battery indicator, and auto power-off function to ensure consistent performance and extended battery life. This instrument is ideal for home inspection, water damage restoration, lumber yards, painting, paper mills, textile, and clothing manufacturing industries. The package includes a protective cap, a 9V battery, and is backed by a 1-year warranty for a worry-free experience.
CATEGORY: PIN & PINLESS MOISTURE METERS
- Versatile Moisture Measurements: Allows for moisture content measurement in wood and various building materials.
- Dual Measurement Selection: Offers both pin and pinless measurement selections for wood and building materials.
- Audible/Visual Moisture Alerts: Alerts users with sounds and lights for low, medium, and high moisture levels.
- Informed Interpretation: Green/Yellow/Red LEDs provide clear moisture level indications.
- Data Hold Function: Freezes the current measurement on the display for easy reading.
- Backlit LCD Display: Ensures readability in dark or dimly lit environments.
- Built-in Calibration Check: Guarantees the accuracy of measurements.
- Energy Efficient: Equipped with a low battery indicator and auto power-off feature to preserve battery life.
- Includes protective cap and 9V battery
|Pin Measurement Range||Wood: 6.0 to 99.0%|
|Building Material: 0.2 to 2.0%|
|Pinless Measurement Range||Wood: 0.0 to 55.0%|
|Building Material: 0.0 to 100.0%|
|Visual Alert||Green, Yellow, Red LEDs|
|Color Levels for Pin||Green: 10 to 40% (wood); 0.2 to 0.8% (building materials)|
|Yellow: 40 to 70% (wood); 0.8 to 1.4% (building materials)|
|Red: >70% (wood); >1.4% (building materials)|
|Color Levels for Pinless
10 settings (see manual)
|Green: 5.5 to 22% (wood); 10 to 40% (building materials)|
|Yellow: 22 to 38.5% (wood); 40 to 70% (building materials)|
|Red: >38.5% (wood); >70% (building materials)|
|Dimensions||7 x 2.8 x 1.3” (176.5 x 71 x 33.8mm)|
The Good, the Bad & the Ugly of Temperature & Humidity Levels
How can a simple moisture meter keep you safe? A simple moisture meter can indeed play a crucial role in keeping your living or working environment safe. Here's why:
- Early detection: Moisture meters are instruments that measure the percentage of water in a given substance. This can let you know if the moisture level in your home or building is conducive to mold growth. Detecting moisture problems early can save you from the trouble of dealing with mold infestation and costly repairs down the line.
- Prevention of mold growth: As stated in your text, molds like stachybotrys (black mold) and alternaria thrive in damp environments. Prolonged exposure to molds can lead to health problems like allergies, asthma, and other respiratory issues. By detecting high moisture levels, you can take preventative steps to ensure molds don't start growing.
- Locating hidden problems: Moisture issues aren't always visible. Problems can originate behind walls, under floors, or above ceilings - places that are typically out of sight. A moisture meter can help detect these hidden issues before they escalate into major problems.
- Protection during and after disaster events: In the aftermath of a flooding event or significant water damage, moisture meters can help identify areas that still hold excess moisture, thus helping to focus restoration efforts where they are most needed. This helps in preventing further damage and ensuring the thorough drying of the building.
- Maintaining building integrity: Excess moisture can degrade the structural integrity of a building over time, causing things like wood rot, corrosion, and damage to electrical systems. Regular use of a moisture meter can ensure that the structural integrity of the building is maintained by addressing moisture issues promptly.
In summary, a simple moisture meter can go a long way in keeping you safe by preventing mold growth, detecting hidden problems, aiding in disaster restoration, and maintaining building integrity. It's a relatively inexpensive investment that can prevent potentially costly repairs and health issues in the future.